Saturday, April 18, 2020

Reflection

After nine weeks of working on this project, its bittersweet to see it done. The outcome is not exactly what I was expecting when originally starting this assignment back in February but I can definitely say it still ended well. 
This project was way more challenging than last year's portfolio project but also gave me much more creative freedom in telling a story. Last year I was working in a group with two other members and we often found it difficult to all agree on a certain shot, the music selection and even the plot of the film intro. But this year, working alone I was able to be in charge of everything. Though the control freak in me likes the sound of that, it also meant that anything that goes wrong is on me and that id have to find a way to work through that no matter how hard it may be. Developing the story wasn't that difficult as I adapted it from a different story that I was going to do with my partner before we parted ways. 
With this project, I have learned a lot when it comes to planning, production, and editing. The most important being how important planning is. While I was filming I felt as though I had more in detail storyboards because as I was shooting I either didn't understand what my past self had written down or I just didn't like the idea of the shot anymore. I also learned to have more patience within production. Since I have to act in it, it was difficult to prop up my phones on certain items or find a specific angle for my intended shot. But as I kept filming, I realized that I can either keep trying or find a new approach to the original shot which helped me lower my frustration. Then as editing time came, I found myself in the depths of youtube videos searching each function in wevideo to see how I can utilize the platform to my best ability. In doing that, I definitely feel more comfortable using the site and would be inclined to use it again for our next film-related project. 
Overall, I'm happy with all my components within the project. Though I feel like I could have done better, I'm sure we all did the best we could given the circumstances in the worldright now. Yay! - Despicable Me Minion | Meme Generator

No comments:

Post a Comment