Friday, April 3, 2020

Location "scouting"


So I've decided that I'm going to conduct the scenes where the main character is painting and being away from her mother in the porch of my apartment. During the day it gets really good lighting compared to the yellow tinted lights in my apartment that I don't think look that good. Also because everyone is self quarantining, there is little to no noise outside so I won't have to worry about that too much. The only noise that would be heard would be like the wind moving the trees against the porch which I could collect as foley and purposefully put in to make this porch seem relaxing like a "safe space". Actually, now that I write that, I really like how that sounds like juxtaposing the comforting and peaceful environment of the porch that the main character created compared to the hostility and the arguments that take place inside the actual apartment.

 This is the little workspace that I made for the main character. A little paint cooler if you will haha. I am going to buy more art supplies like actual wet paint that comes in a tube to make the character seem more artistic. But so far I just stacked a couple of magazines on top of each other, the only one being visible about painting to highlight how much the character cares about art and her improvement. Then I have watercolors open along with a little container of coloring pencils and markers, other art supplies just to further show the porch as an art room.


No comments:

Post a Comment