Tuesday, April 7, 2020

filming day 1

Hi blog!

So my mom went to do some grocery shopping for my grandpa today since he can't leave his house and she was able to pick up the paint for me. In case any of you were wondering, it smells very bad. With that being said I decided I could start filming most of the scenes needing paint today. They mostly contained close-ups of paint being poured, brush strokes, and just painting the 4-5 pieces that I plan to incorporate into the film. (Saying 4 to 5 because one of them was just so horrible that I could do without it but I may just reshoot that to have some backup footage.)

I have a problem where I overestimate what I can do and get very discouraged when it cant be done and that happened today. I had specific angles in mind like overhead shots that I wanted to use within the piece but it's difficult when you're filming alone. This had me super frustrated so then I decided I could get that effect by trying to paint with one hand and hold my phone up higher with the other.



As you can see by the end of this video, I was getting super frustrated hahaha
But I was able to keep a steady hand and continue to film shots similar to that. So now I've got like a little bit over 60 recordings of various shots of painting and the different paintings I made.
Heres my favorite one!

No comments:

Post a Comment