Monday, March 2, 2020

Change of plans

Remember when I said my partner and I have decided on our story being "The Chef'? Well, not anymore. As much as I like the idea, my partner and I's ideas continued to conflict and we decided to just scratch it out entirely. I'm a bit disappointed about this considering I really liked the story but the negatives seemed to out way the positives when discussing filming and screenplay.
First being lighting, Ricardo and I disagreed on the approach to the film. I wanted it to have much more of a darker scale, making the piece more suspenseful but he did not want to because of the time and difficulty that comes with filming during the night or with very low key lighting.
Then our instructor offered the idea to take a completely different route where we go with very bright coloring and lighting, making the piece more quirky as if eating human meat was a normality and the kid was the only one who was against it. Similar set design to the show Pushing Daisies.
Though that would have made us really stand out from other candidates, we found it to be nearly impossible due to our time constraints and the difficulty that comes with meticulously designing the set, especially one so different from a "reality". 

Our current criteria for the next idea is something
  • much simpler and meaningful
  • preferably outside, or within daylight
  • more focused on realistic visuals and sound elements
  • limited actors

No comments:

Post a Comment