Saturday, March 2, 2019

Research Continues..

So I've decided to dedicate this week into conducting more research towards our film opening to ensure my group and I are making the steps towards preparing to plan and shoot for our opening. Juan, Alan, and I are thinking of maybe having the setting of the film take place at school since we wast-, I mean spend so much time there anyway. If we continued through this route we have to take representation into consideration. Our film would be considered a teen drama so our characters should accurately represent typical teenagers in today’s age. We were thinking of having a popular, arrogant teenage boy switch bodies with a shy, more knowledgeable girl, but nothing is set in stone until casting. Though the change in genders would cause for some funny jokes.


This article talks about how typical teenage representation in Hollywood is exaggerated and too cliche, I tend to agree with this. I don't seem to find most teenage movies and shows too relatable because their of their portrayal or also the fact that most actors that play high schoolers are past high school. So my group and I wish to challenge this by not only having real high schoolers play the part but also have more realistic representation within our cast. Since our target audience for the film would be teenagers, this idea of providing realistic representation would spark more interest in the film and lead the audience to become more interested as the film progressed.

Wilson, K. (2017, September 1). Teenage representation in media. Retrieved from https://chsprowl.com/1961/a-e/teenage-representation-in-media/

No comments:

Post a Comment