Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Instructor meeting

Today Juan, Alan and I were able to meet with Mrs. Stoklosa and discuss our story line and progress for our film openings. She offered great suggestions such as rather than having two females switch bodies, have a male and female. This route would allow us to create a comedic aspect to our opening but it would also force us to disregard the storyboard we made for our original story. But since she suggested this and we have full trust in her knowledge, this is a sacrifice that has to be made. The reason we needed to change the storyboard is because as I mentioned in a previous post we wanted the girls to complete their full morning routine before realizing they had switched, and obviously when you switch genders... you can tell “somethings” different rather than two people of the same gender. 
She also gave us advice on editing techniques, that we should include parallel editing as well as a split screen when they reveal their initial appearance. Since I don’t know much about editing I found an in-depth YouTube video on how split screen editing works. I wanted to learn this techniques before we film so that when everything is recorded, I would already be familiar with the editing process. The schedule for next class has us conducting another instructor meeting, so I’m excited to receive more feedback. 

No comments:

Post a Comment