Thursday, February 28, 2019

Finally Chosen!


Image result for freaky friday

In class today, all the students were split and put into groups to discuss possible ideas for the portfolio project. When my classmates began to discuss their ideas, I felt very behind because my group and I had not yet even chosen a genre. As time went by and we each expressed our concerns and schemes for this project, I was already gravitating to the drama genre. 
Within my group, my classmates and I took notes on how to improve our plots. The plot I had begun to become attracted to was the idea of two strangers within a school or job environment switching bodies and having to figure out who they have become and how to switch back to their original body. I had pulled inspiration from the film Freaky Friday as well as the show Drop Dead Diva but I wanted to put a twist to the story. I thought the idea of having the two characters be strangers would create a fun mystery and provide a tension that would keep the audience engaged to see if the characters are able to switch back to their original selves. 
So after class, Juan, Alan and I began to contemplate each other's ideas. Juan had an idea of two childhood friends in love losing touch, then reconnecting as adults and finding love again even though one of them is married with children. Then Alan's idea was about friends on a live streaming platform experiencing paranormal activity while playing haunted games such as an ouija board. In the end, we had agreed on my proposal. We still have more details to work out but as of right now we came over our biggest obstacle of agreeing on a plot. My group and I are going to continue to research Dramatic elements and representation tonight and I will make sure to update you guys tomorrow on our progress! 

No comments:

Post a Comment