Sunday, February 24, 2019

Possible Plots

After our lesson on Film Openings, I was very drawn to openings that establish the background first. Personally, I find these to be the most entertaining and engaging because the viewer is immediately introduced to the plot and can determine whether they wish to continue the film or not right then and there.
An example of this type of film opening we saw during the lecture was Children Of Men(2006), and wow after viewing it, I still think about it to this day. The idea of the human race slowly dying due to infertility was extremely intriguing especially since the movie was supposed to be taking place in the future where you would assume humans to be thriving. It had very neutral mise-en-scene which kept me wondering why and how the world managed to get to the state. I would like to incorporate this sense of mystery into my film opening because I feel as though it is most likely to leave the viewer wanting more.  
Throughout this next week, my group members and I will be conducting more extensive research to determine which genre and plot will give us the best result for our film opening. I remember first hearing about this project when I entered the course and being worried about the difficulty and challenges I would have to face during this portion of the exam. But as the date gets closer to more researching, preparing and filming, I am feeling more confident in how this opening will turn out. With all the notes we have taken throughout the year and the more research we have to conduct, my group and I will definitely be prepared for the challenge coming our way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment